Friday, November 11, 2011

Home First (Here!)

Finally, it’s out and available. Home First A Memoir in Voices by Susan Siddeley. Email me to get a copy ($18.00 including)...and/or read on to find how I managed to get this book into print!
Ten times over six years, I’ve invited wonderful, experienced facilitators and writers to live for two week in our house on a vineyard in Chile!
To get such people to buy a ticket, step into a plane and huddle overnight in order to participate in a two week writing workshop, I had to promise to pick them up, prepare a silent sala to work in, serve empanadas, pisco sours and lucuma cake, and plan tours to Pablo Neruda’s houses, indigenous museums and the Pacific coast. I soon learned having playful puppies, grave owls, flowering cacti and a blue pool on hand helped. Nowadays, I also throw in glorious sunsets, the flower garden and Jumbo, the Supermarket, although I try to avoid mentioning earth tremors, ants & dicey showers.
We are now full for Jan 2012, but to get onto the mailing list or receive a book contact me: Susan Siddeley motocad@rogers.com

No comments: